R.I.P. Prince Rogers Nelson

ils nous ont quittés

Funky admins : funkiness, Wonder B

bluesy

Re: R.I.P. Prince Rogers Nelson

Message par bluesy »

Mpls a mis ce lien et était présent à cet after show.

JAM PUISSANT qui redonne des couleurs..., on se croirait à la Nouvelle Orléans.

Prince After Show Jam Session GCS & NPG at MJF July 13 2013

(Vidéo prof.)

ENJOY !!!!!

Je ne sais pas pourquoi mais ce titre + la vidéo me font un bien terrible (mes enceintes pc sont en état total de saturation) :mrgreen: :
:arrow: "It’s Gonna Be a Beautiful Night" (Live! 1987)
C'est GRANDIOSE, MONSTRUEUSEMENT EFFICACE, BON, PERFECTION !!!!!
Modifié en dernier par bluesy le 23 mai 2016 17:47, modifié 1 fois.

"Music Makes You Move" : Funkhouse Express (1974) so... "HIT THAT ONE!" : JB
"They Call Us Wild But We Got Soul" : Wild Magnolias (1975)
bluesy

Message par bluesy »

Muziq a écrit :« Prince, une vie en musique »

en kiosque le 30 avril
Par Christophe GEUDIN
27/04/2016

Wonder B a écrit :Toujours dans le Jimmy Fallon Show, l'hommage de D'angelo à Prince il y a deux jours... Top
D'Angelo ft. Princess: Sometimes It Snows in April
BRAVO D'ANGELO !!!!! {resp@ct#
Merde, tu nous fais pleurer... :)

EDIT
La vidéo de D'Angelo rendant hommage à Prince n'est plus disponible sur le net, seuls des fragments...
Modifié en dernier par bluesy le 21 juil. 2016 20:29, modifié 3 fois.
bluesy

Message par bluesy »

J'ai lu qu'il avait écrit deux titres après Katrina et que les fonds des ventes avaient été en totalité pour la ville.

:shock: :drunk: :happyboy:
Prince - Hommage de La Nouvelle Orléans (25 avril 2016)

(Le MC est d'enfer !)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La magnifique, authentique et profonde voix de :
Gregory Porter & Guests - Tribute to Prince - "Purple Rain" (Later... with Jools Holland - BBC Music)
"Purple Rain"

I never meant to cause you any sorrow
I never meant to cause you any pain
I only wanted one time to see you laughing
I only want to see you laughing in the purple rain

Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain

I only want to see you bathing in the purple rain

I never wanted to be your weekend lover
I only wanted to be some kind of friend
Baby I could never steal you from another
It's such a shame our friendship had to end

Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain

I only want to see you underneath the purple rain

Honey I know, I know, I know times are changing
It's time we all reach out for something new
That means you too
You say you want a leader
But you can't seem to make up your mind
I think you better close it
And let me guide you to the purple rain

Purple rain Purple rain
Purple rain Purple rain

If you know what I'm singing about up here
C'mon raise your hand

Purple rain Purple rain

I only want to see you, only want to see you
In the purple rain

bluesy

Message par bluesy »

:arrow: Hommage d'Adam Levine du groupe Maroon 5.

Adam Levine - "Purple Rain" @ The Howard Stern Birthday Bash on SiriusXM

:arrow: Hommage de la ville de Los Angeles où Prince avait un pied à terre.

Stevie Wonder, Eric Benet - "Purple Rain"

(Prince Tribute @ Los Angeles City Hall. Los Angeles, CA., 6 May 2016)
Eric Benet : chanteur et époux de Manuela Testolini, seconde et dernière épouse (2001-2006) de Prince.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ce que rejetait Prince, les images volées, les vidéos prises à l'arrache... mais quand je regarde et surtout écoute cet aftershow, je me dis, QUEL PIED il nous procure, merde alors ! Et puis comment il nous balance du JB à sa sauce, on se laisse porter. :afro:

Prince Live Aftershow ~ One Nite Alone New York ~ 2002-04-10 (am)

(Attendre 2mn avant d'avoir l'image.)

Titres

1 Speech
2 "Joy In Repetition"
3 "Talkin' Loud And Sayin' Nothing"
4 "Pass The Peas"
5 "We Do This" with George Clinton
6 "La Di Da Di" with Doug E. Fresh

!!!!!!! VIVE LA MUSIQUE, VIVE LE FUNK !!!!!!!

Modifié en dernier par bluesy le 29 mai 2016 14:38, modifié 2 fois.
bluesy

Message par bluesy »

Superbe hommage et pas une reprise de "Purple Rain", tant mieux car c'est moins 'triste' et surtout ça change. :)

Choir! of 1999 Voices Sings Prince - "When Doves Cry"
bluesy

Message par bluesy »

Prince photographié par Robert Whitman

Prince avant le succès

Le lien du doc n'est plus actif mais... Pas grave, la vidéo est aussi présente sur le site d'Okay Player. ;)

Moi aussi j'aime le voir sourire.

On retrouve beaucoup des photos de Robert Whitman sur le net. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prince photographié par Steve Parke

Steve Parke est devenu son photographe en 1988 puis a été son directeur artistique dans les années 90 jusqu'en 2009.

Prince me fait penser à un Roi Africain assis sur son trône en bois imposant.
Je ne sais pas ce que c'est comme voiture, elle est superbe.
Modifié en dernier par bluesy le 26 déc. 2016 20:00, modifié 5 fois.
bluesy

Message par bluesy »

bluesy

Message par bluesy »

Attachez vos ceintures ! :hendrix:
Live @ Paisley Park Studios, 08 novembre 2015

Durée : 1mn44

Bon ben... voilà quoi...
Prince @ Montreux Jazz Festival, 2009

Durée : +d'1h30mn

:arrow: Hommage de Damaris Lewis
Damaris Lewis : superbe mannequin, mais aussi danseuse...

Prince & Damaris Lewis
Modifié en dernier par bluesy le 26 déc. 2016 19:54, modifié 9 fois.
bluesy

Message par bluesy »

Ebony.com a écrit :Why You Don’t Want to Come for Prince

[Analysis] Think the Beyhivé is tough? Prince’s Purple Army is not here for innuendo about their idol’s death. Here’s why The Artist’s legacy is ironclad.

From the moment that Prince’s death was made public, there has been much speculation about how the seemingly healthy superstar, who held a party at Paisley Park and wound up dead there 48 hours later.. Seemingly from the moment the news seared through social media, loose chatter began to circulate about was the cause of Prince’s untimely passing.

When Brian Williams interviewed Aretha Franklin on MSNBC that afternoon, the Queen of Soul contributed her own diagnosis. "They're saying flu-like symptoms," Franklin said. "I'm wondering if it has anything to do with this Zika virus." In the forthcoming days and weeks, loose lips would declare that Prince was some kind of addict, that he had AIDS, that he was murdered or he was a blood sacrifice for the so-called Illuminati.

“It’s almost like the children’s game ‘telephone’ where one person says one thing, but by the time it gets to the last person it has become something completely different,” Tonya Pendleton, contributing editor for Black American Web, says. Since Prince’s passing, Pendleton, a fan since she was a teenager, has filed many stories covering the various death theories. “From the very beginning of his career, Prince has been known for his clean living lifestyle, but now there are all these contradicting reports about doctors and pills that are just crazy. It’s like some people are just trying to trash him. But, in the same way that the Beyhivé rides for Beyoncé, the Purple Army is down to defend Prince and his music.”

While I’ve been a Prince fan since 1980, prior to Tonya mentioning the Purple Army, I’d never thought about what to call similar folks who’d been devoted fans for decades: buying B-sides, hanging posters on their walls, collecting obscure bootlegs, reading every biography on the market and trying to catch every concert.

In the wake of his death, while others were diving deep in the murky waters of accusations and innuendo, members of the Purple Army were losing themselves in the genius music Prince had made steadily since the 1970s. “Regardless of the rumors, whether true or not, the man was fierce,” former Klymaxx member/producer Bernadette Cooper says. Prince set the bar and represented freedom of diva expression for me. He was our James Brown, Little Richard, and Jimmy Hendrix all wrapped up in a petite purple package with heels.”

Still, no matter how devoted we are to the music, the rumors are impossible to ignore. “The one that really got me was Sinéad O'Connor saying that Arsenio Hall was Prince’s drug connection,” singer/songwriter Daniel Chavis of rock group the Veldt. Hall has since filed suit against O’Connor for the accusations. Having first seen Prince live on August 3, 1982 in Raleigh Durham, North Carolina, Chavis remembers that first show well. Prince came out on stage singing "Sister" and that was it; I was completely changed. He was inspiring to me, but now it seems as though some people just want to demean his name.”

Graphic novelist Lance Tooks says, “I think if Prince had been, like the worst of the rumors suggest, an opiate junkie for 35 years, we certainly would've heard something about it before now. Prince was such a cranky little dude, he left behind more than one disgruntled ex-employee. Yet not once have we heard a peep about Prince and drugs before now. Being so uninhibited about his earthly desires was a major part of his output, so I doubt his muse would let him lie about narcotic satisfaction.”

In fact, in Rick James’ autobiography Glow, the Motown punk-funkster made fun of Prince’s famed sobriety when they travelled together on the Fire it Up tour in 1980. It was that tour where funk/soul expert Dr. Scot Brown, a professor of History and African American Studies at UCLA, first saw Prince perform, but it wouldn’t be the last time. “I went to them all: Controversy, Purple Rain. I remember the 1999 tour, because he came on stage to that robotic voice from the record saying, "Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you, I only want you to have some fun." And the place went into a frenzy. Prince always protected the live concert as a special place. There was always a theme and it was always worth seeing.”

Currently finishing the non-fiction tome Tales from the Land of Funk: Dayton, Ohio, Professor Brown (like many of us) has heard about the Illuminati videos and footage of activist Dick Gregory spouting conspiracy theories. “We have to ask, why are these stories out there and why are they appealing to people. Because, there is so much corruption in the world, these stories become believable to certain people. Prince wasn’t just a musician, he was a poet, he was a politically conscious thinker and he was about Black empowerment. Prince challenged the corporate structure at Warner Brothers more once. In that context, it’s a fertile ground for speculation and creative thinking.”

Thankfully all the negative press has been balanced with countless tributes that include magazine and newspaper covers, talk show salutes and countless unreleased tracks surfacing online. Prince, unlike many of his peers, kept making new music while preserving his legacy. Depending on who is controlling the rights of the tracks stashed in various vaults, the next few years could see a treasure trove of purple music coming our way. “He was just prolific like that,” Brown says. “Being a creative musician wasn’t a job for Prince, it was who he was.”

C. Leigh McInnis, an instructor of English at Jackson State University, has been a fan of Prince since the Mississippi native lived next-door to what he described as some hoodlum Black rockers who blasted "Dirty Mind" constantly. Prince has stayed relevant all these years, because he never stopped growing as an artist and as a human being. He never stopped asking, ‘what is life and what is my position in this life.’ He was so great, because he worked so hard.”

While I’ve watched a few of the conspiracy videos and stared at the gaudy covers of supermarket tabloids, for me, the music is the only aspect of Prince’s life that concerns me.

“For true (Purple Army) fans, nothing will destroy his legacy as a musician, artist advocate and a man,” soulhead.com owner Ron Worthy says. “Prince is important because he stretched boundaries and his influence will only grow more over time.”

Source : EbonyMag
bluesy

Message par bluesy »

Quelques minutes (6mn24) en vidéo de la dernière performance (la seconde ce même jour) de Prince : le 14 avril 2016 au Fox Theatre à Atlanta.

Credit AKM/GSI

Credit AKM/GSI

Vidéo disponible sur --> Us Magazaine.com

On ne le voit pas tout le temps et il y a des gros plans sur son visage.
Son public est juste génial...

Flyer de la tournée Piano & A Microphone (Atlanta, GA, USA Fox Theatre, 14 avril 2016)

Le code de la vidéo, je ne trouve pas l'astuce pour l'intégrer sur le forum.
<iframe src="http://video.usmagazine.com/players/2Rm ... h6Xrr.html" width="320" height="260" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto"></iframe>
Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

bluesy a écrit :Image
Je ne sais pas ce que c'est comme voiture, elle est superbe.
C'est une Plymouth Prowler une voiture au style néo-rétro qui a été produite aux US entre 1997 et 2002...
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
bluesy

Message par bluesy »

Merci WonderB !!!
(by Steve Parke)

(by Andreas Terlaak)

bluesy

Message par bluesy »

Prince & Rick James
Wonder B

Message par Wonder B »

Terrible la photo où il est dos à la foule... J'ai l'impression qu'elle a été prise au Paradiso à Amsterdam mais je peux me tromper...
Sworn to fun
Loyal to none
bluesy

Message par bluesy »

Wonder B a écrit :J'ai l'impression qu'elle a été prise au Paradiso à Amsterdam
WonderB, c'est bien le Paradiso : live du 11 août 2013.
(by Andreas Terlaak)

Report de ce live sur Funk-U Mag et c'est ici.
Répondre