Teddy Pendergrass – John Morales Presents Teddy Pendergrass : The Voice

Boogie, Modern Soul, Disco Boogie, Disco Funk, Disco Soul…

Funky admins : funkiness, Wonder B, silverfox

Répondre
bluesy

Teddy Pendergrass – John Morales Presents Teddy Pendergrass : The Voice

Message par bluesy »

Teddy Pendergrass

John Morales presents Teddy Pendergrass : The Voice (Remixed With Philly Love)
:arrow: 3 x LP (BBE 688ALP, 2022)
:arrow: 2 x CD (BBE 688ACD, 2022)

Titres

1. The More I Get, the More I Want
2. Only You
3. If You Know Like I Know
4. Now Is the Time to Do It
5. The Love I Lost
6. Don't Love You Anymore
7. Come Go with Me
8. Bad Luck
9. If You Don't Know Me by Now
10. You Can't Hide from Yourself
11. Where Are All My Friends
12. Life Is A Song Worth Singing
13. Satisfaction Guaranteed
14. Do Me
15. Somebody Told Me
16. Is There a Place for Me
17. Turn off the Lights
18. Don't Leave Me This Way

Présentation

Teddy Pendergrass (26 mars 1950 – 13 janvier 2010)

BBE Music presents a brand new album celebrating one of Philadelphia Soul music’s most iconic figures, Teddy Pendergrass, remixed by pioneering producer and engineer, John Morales.

This exploration of 1970s Philly Soul at its apex focuses on one of the era’s defining voices, Theodore DeReese Pendergrass. Born in Philadelphia in 1950, Pendergrass sang church music at age two, and was ordained a minister at ten years old. Having learned drums and played in local bands during his teens, at 20 he was hired as a drummer for the Blue Notes by group leader Harold Melvin. After being spotted singing along onstage, he was soon appointed lead singer, and the rest is history…

The masterful, revealing remix work of John Morales affords these classic songs improved clarity, allowing each individual player more space to be heard and modernising the recordings without ever losing sight of the original spirit. The virtuoso quality of the songwriting, production, arrangements and performances shine forth anew, and so do some of the music’s subtler qualities and nuanced, sometimes conflicted, subtexts that might have been overlooked in the most conventional view of Pendergrass in his prime. Curated authoritatively, remixed with love and passion, John Morales’ collection revisits our relationship with Teddy’s and Gamble & Huff’s music as compellingly and immersively as when it was new. Teddy’s timeless force resides equally in his talent for portraying truthfully the joys and hurts, beliefs and doubts, blessings and challenges of our lives, and in the bravery of confronting them all with an honesty that is still utterly extraordinary.
Source : RESIDENT MUSIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teddy Pendergrass sur Funk-O-Logy

ALBUMS

-->Teddy Pendergrass ‎– S/T (Philadelphia International Records PZ 34390, 1977)

-->Teddy Pendergrass ‎– Life Is A Song Worth Singing (Philadelphia International Records JZ 35095, 1978)

-->Teddy Pendergrass ‎– Live! Coast To Coast (Philadelphia International Records KZ2 36294, 1979)

COMPILATION / BEST OF...

-->Teddy Pendergrass - John Morales presents Teddy Pendergrass : The Voice (Remixed With Philly Love)
(BBE 688ALP, 2022) / (BBE 688ACD, 2021)

DOCUMENTAIRE

-->Teddy Pendergrass - If You Don’t Know Me (2018)

"Music Makes You Move" : Funkhouse Express (1974) so... "HIT THAT ONE!" : JB
"They Call Us Wild But We Got Soul" : Wild Magnolias (1975)
bluesy

Re: Teddy Pendergrass – John Morales Presents Teddy Pendergrass : The Voice

Message par bluesy »

:discjokey: "hifi"
EXTRAITS disponibles sur le site de JUNO RECORDS :arrow: ICI.
"Music Makes You Move" : Funkhouse Express (1974) so... "HIT THAT ONE!" : JB
"They Call Us Wild But We Got Soul" : Wild Magnolias (1975)
Répondre